Monday, March 19, 2012

Need of Reading Ideas?

I am in the process of collecting ideas for my final project. I am interested in finding a link between technology and how it effects oral reading fluency. Presently in my classroom I am using Tumble Books. While doing my literature reveiw I ran across an article about a  librain who used Tumblebooks for Intervention classes. She saw a vast improvement in the oral reading fluency skills with students who used the website TumbleBooks verses the students who did not. I found this study very interesting. If you use any really good reading websites, I would be interested in hearing about them. Also in my classroom, my students use Study Island. I am interested even in apps for the ipod touch (ipad) and app for the Kindle Fire. I look forward in hearing from you.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Crystal,

    This is a great idea for a final project. I think the reading fluency from a technology perspective is great. I think you would be able to find a lot of information on this. Also, try to take a look at www.capstrat.com.

    As far as learning systems and apps... have youlooked into the leapfrog or leapster learning systems? I am not sure the age of students you teach but, this may be an avenue to investigate.

    Thanks,

    Darius

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tumblebooks! It is great for kids!! I used it in my student teaching classroom/school, but I have not used it in my actual kindergarten classroom. I'm going to see if I can get the free trial and see if my kids like it!! :) Thanks for reminding me about how great tumblebooks is! I hope you and your family are having a great spring break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did a search, hope these sites will be helpful to you. Reading Resource.net
    http://www.readingresource.net/websitesforkids.html
    Reading Rockets
    http://www.readingrockets.org/helping/target/fluency/
    Reading Naturally (celebrating 20 years)
    http://www.readnaturally.com/
    Reading Eggs
    http://readingeggs.com/?gclid=CIqltrSvzq8CFUPf4Aod9HYQCw

    ReplyDelete